April 26, 2012
As we come to the conclusion of studying this book I want to testify that my life will never be the same. This is because I have been able to learn a lot of things. First, I want to thank God for CARE for AIDS which has given us this opportunity to learn and grow. I also thank God for Chick-fil-A for continually allowing us to use their materials which are very resourceful. I promise that we aspire to grow like you! Last but not least I would want to thank God for our own- the team leader -Justin Miller. I have never met a young person who is as concerned about the growth of his team members. This man sleeps and dreams about our growth as Kenyans.
In this blog, I will not chase many rabbits, instead I will share with you just few things that the Lord has taught me through two books “Great leaders Serve” and “Integrity” by Dr. Henry Cloud.
- Integrity is the sum of who I am inside, and who I am will always determine how I lead. Among other things, I also realized that as a leader with integrity, I need to be able to create and maintain trust.
- As a leader, I should work hard to gain the complete trust of the people I lead because by doing so, I capture their full hearts and following.
- I realized that every leader should be looking back to check the kind of wake they leave behind.
- I learned that those who succeed in life are those who realize that life is largely about solving problems.
- I realized that for me to succeed as a leader, I must learn how to lose, because losing is part of the game.
- Lastly, as a leader I should not make myself bigger than I am. The bigger I see myself, the more I remain entrenched in an underdeveloped perspective. And ironically, the smaller I become, the closer I get to the fullness of life.
But these are not all; I have just shared few things that were very meaningful to my life. Glory to God!
How could these points from Cornel affect the way you lead in your own life? What are the biggest lessons you’ve South Africa learned about leadership in www.moncasino-fr.com your experience casino? Leave a comment for Cornel with your thoughts!